Monday, January 6, 2014

Books to Read 2014

I've finalized my list of books to read in 2014! It's very difficult to narrow down the list, because 1) I love to read and so many books sound great. And 2) I always think I can read more than I actually do. 22 books are on my list this year, and that is a s-t-r-e-t-c-h.  But hopefully I can get all these books read!

I have my list on a site called Goodreads. If you're a book-lover and haven't found this site yet, I highly recommend it! You can keep track of all the books you've read, are currently reading, and want to read. You can rate books and leave reviews and comments. And, you can make a Books to Read in 2014 list! (Click on the link to go to my list in Goodreads.)

In case you don't want to explore Goodreads, or you are simply too lazy to click on the link (I can't blame you), here's my list:

Fiction: 
Divergent by Veronica Roth
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Songs of Redemption (Chronicles of the Kings #2) by Lynn Austin
The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty
War Brides by Helen Bryan
A Lineage of Grace by Francine Rivers (actually a compilation of 5 books so that should extend my annual total to 26!)
The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen

Nonfiction:
Forgotten God by Francis Chan
Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
Let. It. Go. by Karen Ehman
Bringing the Gospel Home by Randy Newman

The Art of Neighboring by Jay Pathak
Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney (on my 2013 list- it was that good I want to read it again!)
The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller
Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs
The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartian
Capture His Heart by Lysa TerKeurst
Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow
Believing God by Beth Moore
The No Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night by Elizabeth Pantley (Yes we're still working on this and no I don't want to talk about it! ;-)

Here's to a wonderfully literate 2014! What are you reading?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment