Thursday, April 26, 2012

But... What's Gonna Happen Tomorrow?

So much life at this moment is going so well, & I know that God has orchestrated so much good for my family in the last few months. 

~My real estate business has swelled & I'm really starting to gain confidence as a business woman.  I'm sure this is what I want to do & look forward to my future in real estate.

~Michael got a promotion at work. He's now basically the head of the entire Insurance Continuation Program for all Colorado AIDS Project offices in the state of Colorado (we also have offices in Ft Collins, Colorado Springs, Grand Junction & Boulder, in addition to Denver). He's a rockstar!

~Our baby is growing normally, as much as we can tell at the moment & we have a wonderful support system for having this baby. I haven't had really any of your typical pregnancy discomforts. My one complaint is that I have despised coffee since becoming pregnant, & that fact makes me a bit angry. But body, you love coffee!?!

~We put our house on the market at the beginning of April, & we had an offer within a week, & were under contract in 10 days. We close May 29th. What?!? I know! That's what I said! By the way, did I mention it's a full price offer? We are getting much more than we thought. Oh, more icing to put on this cake, the buyer doesn't want to have an inspection. He doesn't care what might be wrong with the house, he just wants to buy it. Um... really?!? This kind of stuff doesn't happen!

And there's more, really, but in the interest of time & losing my readers, I'll stop there. But trust me: We are blessed & God has shown His goodness to us in abundance the last few months.

But there's this one thing. This one thing that is not going as smoothly as the rest. We are unable to find a house we want to buy! The market in Denver right now is crazy. Few houses on the market, & those that are decent are shooting off the market & under contract in a matter of days. Denver is the 2nd leading city in the nation for lowest days on market for homes, according to the Denver Post just last week. That means homes are selling fast!

So, it seems we've sold our house, but now have no idea where we will be after we move out. How long will it take for us to buy? Where do we live in the meantime? Will we be in our new home by the time the baby's born? What if we can't find anything? Suddenly my thoughts are uncertain, anxious, stressed. Two seconds ago I was feeling thankful and blessed. What happened?

Why are we so quick to forget the good & stress about the uncertainty? Why are we so quick to become anxious about what's ahead? God did all this great stuff in the past, but what about tomorrow? Is He trustworthy? Does He really care? Is He really going to work everything out? I remind myself of God's people in the Old Testament. He brought them out of slavery in Egypt, & within a matter of days they were grumbling because they couldn't find water. Then they grumbled because they didn't have food. Then they grumbled because their feet hurt. Well, I don't know about that, but it sure seems they did a lot of grumbling right after God did a miracle for them! But you know what? God provided. He gave them water. He gave them food. He gave them leaders, & a beautiful, abundant land to live in. He did not neglect His people, even though they didn't trust Him. He says to them in Joshua 1:9, "Be strong & courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

He also says, "For the Lord God is a sun & a shield, the Lord bestows favor & honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless." ~Psalm 84:11

In another more well known verse, God describes how trustworthy He is:
"The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, 
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod & your staff, they comfort me...
Surely your goodness & love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."
~Psalm 23

What is this in me that makes me think God doesn't really have my life in control? He IS trustworthy, He is strong, He is able & willing to care for me & for you, in good times, & in times of trouble. The Bible is full of explanations of God's faithfulness & ability to provide for us, His children. I know God will take care of us, & when I feel the anxiety & worry coming up, I will remind myself that God is with me wherever I go, He will not withhold good things from me, in Him I lack nothing, He will lead & refresh me, & He is full of goodness & love for me. Wow. Now that's a remedy for anxiety & worry if I ever heard one.

Thanks for sticking it out with me, I know this post is long! May you be blessed & may any chains of worry or anxiety or stress be loosed by seeking the Lord who has good for you, who loves you, & who wants to be your provider. Let me leave you with this.

"Then, turning to his disciples, Jesus said, 'That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life- whether you have enough food to eat or enough clothes to wear. For life is more than food, & your body more than clothing. Look at the ravens. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for God feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than any birds! Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? And if worry can't accomplish a little thing like that, what's the use of worrying over bigger things? ...Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need. So don't be afraid, little flock. For it gives your Father great happiness to give you the Kingdom.'" Luke 12:22-26, 31-32
 
AMEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment